The latest Episode of the ManageFlitter Podcast is now live and you can listen to it in your browser here or download an MP3 copy of it here.
Please note: This interview was originally broadcast on the It's a Monkey Podcast - Episode 63 - Sept 2015.
In Episode 89 we interview Eric Elliott, Founder of Parallel Drive and Author of 'How To Build A High Velocity Development Team'.
- How developers think and why they avoid distraction.
- The importance of collaboration amongst developers and why asynchronous communication channels are preferable.
- Knowing the basics of many languages vs. being an expert at one language.
- Supply and demand for developers in the USA.
- The importance of mentors and the positive impact they’ve had on Michel’s career.
- The current state of programming education and why it needs to change.
- The benefits of remote work and why some developers prefer it.
- The best way to measure a developers productivity (Hint: Not by counting tickets!)
- Recognising senior developers as mentors.
- The value junior developers can bring to a team.
- The movie: Programming Literacy
The hosts of this Podcast are:
- Kevin Garber (CEO of ManageFlitter)
Every single industry across the board is going to be replaced - a lot of human workers are going to be replaced by AI, robots and just more efficient processes and ways of doing things. A lot of those people need to be training in the skills that will matter in that economy.