Twitter announced that they have introduced a new "mute" button. Twitter have noted that they are progressively rolling out this feature so you may not have access to this feature via Twitter yet.
We have already updated ManageFlitter for all users to include this new mute option. You can now identify and select Twitter accounts that you are following and mute them in the same way you identify and follow/unfollow accounts on ManageFlitter.
Please note: you can still use this mute feature via ManageFlitter even if you don't yet have access to this feature via Twitter.
This mute feature will also work with the ManageFlitter Remote Account Management feature.
The ManageFlitter team are coming UP from Down Under to visit the Big Apple!
We hope you can join us at one or all of the fantastic events we have organised.
→ Read More
This Thursday afternoon (San Francisco time) join Evan Dunn - Twitter/ManageFlitter Consultant & Expert for a free ManageFlitter Webinar.
Evan will be discussing the topic of:
Twitter for Business - Tips on How To Supercharge Your Twitter Account
Evan is also the author of the following articles:
- 6 Reasons Why Twitter Is the Best Social Media Network for Organic Marketing
- How to Create The Perfect Twitter Profile For Your Business
- 4 Good Reasons It Makes Sense To Grow Your Twitter Follower Numbers
- How To Get A Job Through Social Media
- From Twitter To Close - A Repeatable Social Sales Funnel
Social media provides marketers with the long sought after holy grail: direct access to the thoughts of the consumer and the ability to target content or advertisements to consumers based on interest, location, and other variables. Access to consumers' minds and the ability to target consumers in a highly calibrated manner is very useful when wanting to "sell stuff" in a cost effective manner.
Organic Marketing on Social Media: It's Not as Simple as We Thought.
Despite popular belief social media marketing isn't free advertising. It's also a lot more than simply crafting a "cool" post ("viral marketing" died off for a good reason).
Twitter is a real-time social network that allows you to communicate with people in 140 characters or less. Twitter gives you the ability to follow or be followed by other Twitter accounts in an asynchronous manner.
This means that if you follow a specific Twitter account they don’t necessarily need to follow you back in order for you to see their tweet stream. → Read More
‘I can’t follow you back because I’ve reached a limit.’
‘I’ll follow you back once I figure out why Twitter won’t let me follow anyone else.’
Sound familiar? Or maybe you have followed over 2,000 people on Twitter and then can’t follow anyone else. Well, guess what? You’re not stuck at following 2,000.
→ Read More
The Twitter profile is an important and often overlooked element of a Twitter account. The content of a Twitter profile is even more important when it applies to an account that belongs to a business.
The benefits of optimizing* your Twitter profile include the following:
- With the right keywords, more people you want to find you will find you (because you will show up in search results)
- Most likely, a higher percentage of people who view your profile will follow you if you have a well crafted profile
- More people will take the actions you want them to take upon finding your profile (such as clicking through to your URL
A. ManageFlitter Click-Through Analytics & Bots
The ManageFlitter PowerPost feature allows our users to schedule Tweets for optimal times and track click-throughs on links in the scheduled tweets.
We have now integrated bot detection mechanisms that will detect and exclude most bots from the click-through analytic metrics, resulting in a more accurate measure for our customers (see analytics graph below).
Twitter follower growth provides concrete, measurable benefits for your digital marketing efforts. In order to prove this statement - and to respond to those who disagree with it - we need to first make an important distinction.
Fake Followers vs. Real Followers vs. Targeted Followers:
- Fake followers are fake Twitter users, usually "bots" (program-generated and program-run accounts). They generally have two purposes: to distribute spam links in order to get clicks to advertisements or malware, or to be sold as followers.
- Generic followers are - for the purposes of this post - generic non-fake Twitter users who are not necessarily interested in your brand.
- Targeted followers differ from real followers in that they are not only real but also interested in your brand. You know this because of what they choose to place in their Twitter bio or what they Tweet regularly. You can search for them using Manageflitter's "Account Search" or "Tweet Search" functions.
You get the best results the more targeted followers you have. But some of the following benefits also come from having more real followers . → Read More
ManageFlitter NEW PRO FEATURE!
Sometimes it is neccessary to block another Twitter user.
Harassment by another Twitter user, or SPAM/bot/fake accounts following you may all be best dealt with by blocking.
According to information on Twitter's website blocked users cannot;
- Add your Twitter account to their lists.
- Have their @replies or mentions show in your mentions tab (although these Tweets may still appear in search).
- Follow you.
- See your profile picture on their profile page or in their timeline.
Twitter doesn't provide any direct way via the main or mobile Twitter.com site of reviewing a list of who you have blocked.
- 1 of 10